Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: My AG Afternoon

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So I started my afternoon by going to the post office to mail a return. There were at least 40 people in line, and a line to get into the parking lot! They have one of those automated machines, so including waiting for a space it took me about 5 minutes. Only one other peson was in line for the machine. It does everything but sell 2 cent stamps and let you pick up parcels, and surely those weren't the only thing those 40 people were waiting for. Crazy people.

    Than I went to a paperback book store- that someone told me had kids books. It had about 2 books (not AG) and all romance novels. Why isn't it called a romance novel bookstore instead of a paperback store? This is the third paperback store that I've seen that is a romance novel store.

    Then I went to Goodwill in search of dolls. Nope, no AGs there. Quite the deal on Barbies and Beanie Babies. 5 beanie babies for $3 or 3 barbies for $3... not incredibly cheap, but most in good condition- and quite a selection, there were at least 10 packs of barbies.

    Then I came home and got the mail. My girls got a card from Ukraine! They are very excited, because it was addressed to all of them. [img]smile.gif[/img] I also got a baking outfit in the mail from ebay. I'm a bit annoyed because the tag on one of the mitts is clipped, but it's not really that big of a deal. It is beautiful. It has an apron, a shirt, pants, and 2 mitts. Is that a complete set?

    My husband is on a business trip and took the camera, but it looks a lot like the one prasnlrd posted a few days ago [img]smile.gif[/img] It wasn't as cheap as some one ebay, but I got it for $25 with the shipping.

    Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had a bit of an AG day today, too. I got a visit from the brown truck (and tried to do your plan of not opening, and could not!!). But I did finally go through all my boxes (empty and full) that have been hiding in my closet. So, the empty boxes are packed away nicely and the full ones are now hidden away to bring out as needed. I also got Molly in the mail at 5pm (late mail delivery today).

    All that's missing from your baking outfit is the clogs and the hair ties (same as the one I bought). My pot holder tags were also clipped.

    On the bookstore thing--the bookstore I went to last week is called a Mystery bookstore/Paperback exchange. So, they had mostly mysteries, but lots of other books in all categories and a great children's section. It was a neat store. It actually has a for sale sign in the window, and I tried to convince dh that would be a good way to spend my time. He said I should look for someone to give capital. I said that I was (him). Ha.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    So I started my afternoon by going to the post office to mail a return. There were at least 40 people in line, and a line to get into the parking lot! They have one of those automated machines, so including waiting for a space it took me about 5 minutes. Only one other peson was in line for the machine. It does everything but sell 2 cent stamps and let you pick up parcels, and surely those weren't the only thing those 40 people were waiting for. Crazy people.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought ours was the only post office where you actually have to wait in line for a parking spot! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] I did the same thing yesterday, went to mail a package, the lines at the windows were really long, but I got out in 2 minutes because I used the machine. And I was the only one in the building using the machine, why do people want to wait in line? [img]confused.gif[/img] Unfortunately I still need the 2 cent stamps...I'll leave that to DH. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •